01 02 03 113 things to say: Retiro Park 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Retiro Park

34












If you're following my blog you probably know two things already: 1. I went on a trip to Madrid last weekend and 2. I fell in love with the city. This is basically what this post is about: a love story. Because even though I liked Madrid from the beginning I only knew I'd fallen in love with it when I walked through the gate of the Buen Retiro Park. It was a perfect day. Earlier on my mother and me had visited Plaza de Cibeles before walking all the way to the park and having lunch at a cafĂ© nearby - I had fries in a flower pot which definitely added to my good mood. Oh and the weather was beautiful that day, we had had a bit of rain the day before so the sun really brightened our mood. When we entered Retiro Park we were both blown away by its beauty. There was a little fountain and countless colourful flowers and as we walked further into the park we came across a beautiful lake, well two actually, and many statues. The highlight was definitely Crystal Palace, a beautiful building in which fossils were hanging from the top - which is such a fascinating idea I think. 

There were also some musicians playing typical Spanish songs and many people were walking their dogs or going for a run - if I lived in Madrid that would definitely be my place for going running too. I would be a lot more motivated as well. I hadn't planned on getting pictures taken but the weather was so lovely and sunny that we decided to do a spontaneous photo shoot in front of the fountain. I was wearing my favourite tartan skirt that I got at Urban Outfitters a couple of years ago and a sweatshirt I bought at Pull&Bear in Madrid - I really like wearing mint green in spring. What I really like about this outfit is that it's casual but still elegant at the same time. I was wearing it all day and didn't change clothes before we went out in the evening. By the way - don't let the pictures fool you, it was still pretty cold and windy that day, just really nice in the sun and warm enough for a quick shoot without my jacket, yay. I am really excited that March has finally started, I got some exciting plans for this month and I can't wait for warmer days. 

What are your plans for this month? Leave a comment below. x 


What I'm wearing

Top - Pull&Bear
Skirt - Urban Outfitters
Bracelets - Forever 21
Nail polish - Kiko
Boots - H&M

Related

A weekend in Madrid 

Labels:

35 36 37 38