01 02 03 113 things to say: Autumn Favourites 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Autumn Favourites

34


I feel like the majority of bloggers is starting their September Favourites post by saying how weird it is that we have already reached October, and I have to admit, I completely agree. I sometimes have years that seem to last forever - 2014 was such a year. A year that changed so much in my life and that brought such up and downs with it that I felt like it would never end. In contrast to that 2015 feels incredibly short somehow. Even though a lot has happened this year as well - the thought that I was still living in Cape Town in March sounds so strange to me, it feels like my time in South Africa was ages ago. And yet, if I went back today it would probably feel like I had never left. Anyway, this isn't about my perception of time or about the months I spent in Cape Town, this is about what I've been loving this month or this season. As you guys know, I am most excited that autumn is finally here, I can't think of a more beautiful season. Even though autumn in California - where I am at the moment - still means 22 degrees. But I'm fine with it, because I mean hey, it's California and everything that's not over 30 degrees works for me ( if the temperature rises above that you can find me at any place that has air conditioning and ice cream). Anyway, here are my autumn favourites, enjoy reading. x 




1. Arietta Apple & Cinnamon Candle

I know it might be a bit early for Christmas candles but I just love the scent of this candle - it smells of apples and cinnamon and if you are as excited for Christmas as I am then you should get one of these. It is the perfect candle to light on a cosy evening at home while enjoying a hot chocolate - have I mentioned that I love autumn?



2. Kiko Nail Polish in Number 17

I got this nail polish at Kiko and I have to say - I am impressed. The colour looks beautiful on your nails and the quality is amazing - I didn't even apply a top coat and it lasted for almost a week. I usually don't wear any bright colours on my nails so this trying this nail polish was quite exciting for me and I have to say, I love it, especially in combination with a black dress or my light blue skirt I got at Reserved. 



3. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

After hearing a lot of people talk about this mascara I decided that I had to try it. I am a huge fan of Maybelline Mascaras anyway - they create amazing results and are affordable - and this Mascara didn't leave me disappointed, either. It creates a lot of volume and beautiful long lashes and it doesn't smudge. I think that I might actually prefer this mascara over my usual Rocket Volume Express Mascara because it creates longer lashes and because it doesn't make my lashes stick together at all. So if you're looking for a new mascara for a dramatic eye makeup then you should definitely get this one. 



4. p2 Full Color Lipstick 'whisper me wishes'

One of my friends recommended this lipstick and as I still had a gift card from my local drugstore I went and got it for myself. This lipstick has a beautiful dark red berry colour and it is very easy to apply - I also really like its consistency, it feels great on your lips, not dry at all. This is definitely my favourite lipstick for this season and it was a bargain, too. And the best thing - it is long-lasting, you won't have to reapply it for several hours.



5. XXL bag from River Island

This River Island bag was a gift from my mother and I have to say - my mother knows me well. A black and white shopper is definitely my idea of a perfect bag. Moreover I love the size of this bag - finally a bag that is great for carrying my laptop, makeup, phone, book and lunch at the same time. If you want to see how I combined this bag, head over to my 'Ready for Autumn' look blog post, I'll put the link down below.

6. Remember Sunday

And last but not least, a movie recommendation. Remember Sunday is about a man named Gus who suffers from long-term memory loss due to an accident that happened years ago. One day he meets Molly, a struggling waitress, who is unaware of Gus' memory defect and the two of them begin to date which - as you can imagine - brings its joys as well as it difficulties. A story about true love, human weaknesses and about what really matters in life. This movie is one of the most inspiring and touching movies I have ever seen and it is perfect for a cosy night at home. So light your (Christmas) candles, make a hot chocolate and head over to Netflix to watch this movie.

Related posts:

Ready for Autumn -
http://113-things-to-say.blogspot.com/2015/09/ready-for-autumn.html#.Vg2uY0uJluY

Goodbye Summer -
http://113-things-to-say.blogspot.com/2015/09/goodbye-summer.html#.Vg2ugkuJlux


What have you been loving this month? Leave a comment below. x

Love,

Mira

Labels:

35 36 37 38