01 02 03 113 things to say: To buy or not to buy | Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Kit 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

To buy or not to buy | Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Kit

34



I've recently tested the Smashbox Step- By-Step Contour Kit and I thought I might write a review about it as you have probably heard about this product but you might not be quite sure whether it's worth the money or not. I personally think contouring is very important and having good contouring products is the key to a beautiful makeup look. 
First of all I really liked the packaging and the look of the contour kit - it comes in a tiny little box with a tiny contouring brush. The kit weighs very little and would therefore be perfect for travelling or for putting it in your handbag - but how good is this kit for contouring? Very good, I would say. The three colours are really beautiful matte colours for contouring, I especially liked the ones for bronzing and for highlighting. The shade on the left is pretty dark, a bit too dark for my face I felt. But the other two shades go together perfectly. I'd probably use the colour on the left if I wanted to contour my nose or my jawline - for my cheekbones I'd rather stick with the colour in the middle and leave out the darkest shade. The colour in the middle is really beautiful - it has a warm undertone and it reminds a lot of the Hoola Bronzer by Benefit. The colour on the right is very subtle and has a creamy tone - perfect for highlighting. 
I've also tried out the tiny makeup brush that came with the contour kit and I wasn't disappointed. I would definitely prefer my Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder at any time as a bigger brush makes it easier to achieve a natural bronzed look but the tiny Smashbox brush is quite handy for putting it in your bag along with the contour kit and it has a good shape for reapplying bronzer and highlighter. Another thing I really liked about this kit was the small diagram on the right that told you where to apply which shade - really helpful, especially if you don't have much experience when it comes to contouring (which certainly isn't easy, I still struggle sometimes even though I contour a lot).
All in all I can definitely recommend buying the Smashbox Contour Kit as it has great colours for achieving a  very natural makeup look and as it comes in a great size and  great packaging for travelling or just for putting it in your handbag on a night out. The kit is quite pricey (about 40 Euros) but it has great quality, everything you need for contouring and I would definitely recommend trying it out!

Have you tried this contour kit or another contour kit recently? Leave a comment. x

Love,

Mira





35 36 37 38