01 02 03 113 things to say: To buy or not to buy | Three Foundation Reviews 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

To buy or not to buy | Three Foundation Reviews

34

I think it is really important to have a good foundation as it is the basis of every makeup look. I had problems finding one I really liked and I've tried out a lot of different products, mainly drugstore products but some high-end foundations as well. Here are 3 high-end foundations I've tested, enjoy reading. x

1. The Vitalumière Aqua Foundation by Chanel

First of all I have to say that I really like the packaging as it's very light and thus perfect for travelling or for putting it into your bag. This foundation will give a very natural long-lasting coverage, not a glowy look like some other foundations do. It is very useful for covering a bit of redness as it helps you achieve an even skin tone. However I feel like it doesn't give you a very high coverage, so if you are trying to hide a lot of blemishes I wouldn't go for this foundation. If you don't have any problems with your skin then you might like this one as it looks very natural on your skin and almost melts into your skin - I personally prefer foundations with a thicker consistence, the Vitalumière Aqua Foundation feels a bit too thin and watery to me. I would recommend this product if you've got very good skin already and are travelling a lot as the packaging is very handy for bringing it along.

2. The High Definition Foundation by Make Up Forever

This foundation is of a rather thick consistence and it's long-lasting. I really liked its coverage as it covers blemishes and redness pretty well. However, the product didn't look that natural on me which I feel like a lot of foundations don't do because I got very dry skin.  Therefore I would recommend this foundation to people who want to achieve a flawless makeup look and who are trying to cover large blemishes but not to people who got dry skin and who want to achieve a very natural makeup look. If you still want to use this foundation I would recommend using a makeup sponge to make the result look as natural as possible. A plus is that you don't need to apply a lot of this foundation to achieve the look you want and therefore that product - which is quite pricey - will last you a very long time.

3. The Sheer Glow Foundation by Nars

As some of you may know this foundation has been my favourite one for a very long time. I really like the makeup look you can achieve with it as it covers blemishes well but will still look very natural and not too thick on your skin. Furthermore it gives you a bit of a glowy look which I especially like during the winter season. I really like the packaging of this foundation as it looks quite posh even though it is not the lightest and therefore not that great for travelling (but the foundation is still worth bringing along). The Nars Foundation has a thick but liquid consistency I really like. The only minus is that this foundation doesn't come with a pump and that it can be quite a struggle to order it online as I had to pay a lot for the shipping (and the product itself is quite pricey already). But still, I would say it's worth the money as this foundation will last you a very long time and it's simply the best one I've found so far.

I hope you find this helpful. What is your favourite foundation? Leave a comment below. x

Love,

Mira
35 36 37 38