01 02 03 113 things to say: New Year's Reflections & Pampering Evening 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

New Year's Reflections & Pampering Evening

34

- picture taken from Flickr Profile *Sally M*


I can’t believe 2014 is almost over! So much has happened and to me it honestly feels like that year had more than just 12 months. I can’t quite believe all that has recently changed in my life and even though 2014 has been one of the most stressful years of my life, the opportunities I got really made up for that. I don’t even know where to begin when talking about 2014 - I finally passed my driver’s license (which had been quite a struggle), I spent a lot of time studying for my finals and even though that was in April I could still feel the stress that came with it months later. On the flip side taking and passing my exams meant that I could finally leave school (I had been waiting for that day for 12 years, who doesn’t want school to be over). Graduation and prom were one of the highlights that year, I’m still not really getting used to the fact that I’ll never attend school again. Another amazing day has been my 18th birthday, I had the loveliest time with my friends and family and we had the best cupcakes ever. Then I spent the summer traveling to loads of different places and my family and me had a great time in Spain doing nothing but laying in the sun all day. And finally I got the most amazing opportunity to go to Cape Town and live there for half a year. It’s been quite a change for me but I’ve definitely fallen in love with the city and I really enjoy the work I’m doing there. Furthermore I got to meet loads of new people that have become really important to me. 

2014 has not exactly been a piece of cake and sometimes I felt overwhelmed by everything and especially by some personal changes and issues I had to face but fortunately I’m blessed to have some really great friends who I could literally call at 4 am if I needed help or just someone to talk - you know who you are and I’m truly grateful to have you in my life. This year I got to see a lot of my friends and even though that doesn’t sound special it really was because I got close friends living abroad - one of my bestests friends is not even living on the same continent. The last major thing that happened in 2014 was me starting this blog and I have not regretted it once - it’s been my third blog and you all know that it’s sometimes challenging to actually stick to one. 

Anyway, I can’t wait for 2015 and I hope that things will turn out great and a bit less stressful. So my New Year’s resolutions are basically just to make up my mind about my future (easier said than done) and to say yes to plenty of opportunities and live my life. Because that’s what life is about, right?! I feel like it’s really important to take a break sometimes though and think about your life and how you want it to be, because in the end, you make the choices. 

I sometimes find it really helpful to take a break and take time for yourself - I enjoy running myself a bath and have a pampering evening, I put my pampering essentials down below. I love Lush bath bombs (the one down below leaves your skin super soft) and face masks and I fell in love with the Soap and Glory body lotion (I think I mentioned it in one of my Favourites). Anyway, I’m happy to have some time for myself before I’m off to Cape Town again (I can’t wait to be back in the sun!). I hope you all have a great New Year’s Eve and a happy new year!

What are your New Year’s resolutions? Leave a comment below! :) x

Love,

Mira









Labels:

35 36 37 38